The fifth iteration of Deep Tropics’ boutique festival returns to Music City on August 18-19, 2023. It is a carefully curated, music, art, & style experience at Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park in Nashville’s beloved Germantown neighborhood from 3PM-11PM each day.
The lineup consists of an array of universal dance music artists and a few must not miss sets include the Rolling Stone’s “future of pop” superstar SG Lewis, Forbes “fastest rising stars” LP Giobbi, the NYT acclaimed “slick” artist and frequent Skrillex collaborator Troyboi, and even wildly popular twin sister duo Coco & Breezy. There are also several fan-favorite names featured including melodic innovator Kream, ten-year veteran What So Not, and Drum & Bass heavyweight Justin Hawkes.
“The line-up this year truly represents a global dance music sound. We have artists from six continents which really fires me up. Growing up in Nashville, it’s a bit surreal to host this level of cultural diversity in a city that is still primarily known for country music. I’m particularly excited for Major League DJz, Gorgon City, SG Lewis, Sonny Fodera, DJ Minx, Coco & Breezy, Lunice, and What So Not along with local legends Subrinse and Lux Velour.” – Blake Atchison (co-founder of Deep Tropics)
Deep Tropics has created an entire program of pre-parties, day-time events, workshops and opportunities to connect in intimate settings throughout the weekend. Additionally, multiple off-site afterparty options catering to different musical sub-genres will occur simultaneously following the main event to carry us deep into the night. The after parties will be held at several venues around Nashville, including Brooklyn Bowl, Eastside Bowl and The Office – tickets for each can be found by selecting the afterparty lineup image below. Festival Tickets can be purchased HERE.
Deep Tropics is produced by forward-thinking, dance music enthusiasts at Full Circle Presents. The creative site and stage design will take the energy to stratospheric levels. The one-of-a-kind amphitheater in the park ensures every viewpoint is perfect with a beautiful downtown skyline view in the backdrop. It will host the massive, ancient temple inspired stage called “Meru”, a brand new stage dubbed “Lotus” and a third performance space known as the “Congo Soundsystem”. Intricate lasers, choreographed LED, moving lights, and art installs will illuminate the park. The venue is less than a mile from auxiliary party locations, downtown Nashville, and some of the city’s coolest districts.
Deep Tropics’ mission is to be the greenest festival in the United States. It is a climate positive event which simply means we create more energy than we use. These efforts are fueled by their non-profit organization Deep Culture, Inc which exists to curate experiences that activate transformation of self, community, and planet. Deep Tropics has a zero waste initiative to ensure everything is either recyclable, compostable, or re-usable. Regenerative design is at the forefront of every aspect of the festival.
In 2022 they planted 23,150 trees with Trees for The Future along with 471 trees planted locally by Root Nashville. They also diverted 93% of waste from the landfill which included 650lbs of compost. Many of Deep Tropics’ art projects are created from sustainable materials such as hempcrete & aircrete.
Being the eco-friendly festival that they are Deep Tropics partnered with Virgin Hotels Nashville, known as one of the greenest hotels in the city this year to deliver an extraordinary and environmentally conscious experience for festival-goers.
As the official home for Deep Tropics artists, crew, and attendees during the festival weekend, Virgin Hotels Nashville will serve as the epicenter of excitement and sustainability. The partnership kicks off with the highly anticipated Tropical Traveler PLUS Welcoming party on Friday, August 18, from 12-3 PM, hosted in the exclusive speakeasy of the hotel, The Late Great. This special event will offer festival patrons the opportunity to collect their credentials, enjoy an exclusive DJ set, and soak up the vibrant atmosphere before the festival gates open at 3 PM.
The collaboration between Deep Tropics and Virgin Hotels Nashville goes beyond the festival grounds. Throughout the weekend, attendees can expect an array of pop-up events and surprise programming at Virgin Hotels Nashville, further enhancing the overall festival experience and fostering a deeper connection between music and sustainability.
Another new partnership with the R.A.N.C.H. Project (Regenerative Agriculture, Nutrition, and Climate Health), part of leading superfood brand AncientNutrition’s dedication to sustainability and regenerative agriculture. The R.A.N.C.H. Project will have an onsite presence at the Deep Tropics. Attendees can visit the R.A.N.C.H. Project booth to learn more about their commitment to sustainability. They will offer Deep Tropics fans the opportunity to sign up for organized field trips to their farm this fall in Deep Culture’s 70 passenger school bus. These field trips will provide a distinct experience for participants, allowing them to witness firsthand the regenerative farming practices employed by the R.A.N.C.H. Project. Participants can reconnect with nature and gain an experiential education in regenerative agriculture, while also contributing to Deep Tropics’ efforts to offset its carbon footprint through tree planting initiatives at the farm.
Deep Tropics doesn’t stop at music—it’s a fashion extravaganza too – including a pre-festival clothing swap, a vintage market showcasing the finest local fashion curators, and even a runway/fashion show, packed with stunning designs and bold looks. There will also be a Wim Hoff workshop, Upcycle workshop which explores sustainable fashion design, and plenty more See the lineup below…
Perfect Plant™, Tennessee’s premier c@nnabis company with the best dispensaries in Nashville. Perfect Plant™ curates an extensive product line all made locally to the highest standards of quality. Come enjoy their edibles, flower, and more.. High Spirits (by Perfect Plant) will be featured at all bars, as the best zero-proof canna-infused mocktail options you could imagine. Need a healthier alternative to alcohol that’s also infused with the perfect plant? Fast acting, delicious, and powerful.. make sure to check out High Spirits, Elixirs Engineered for Enlightenment! Also be sure to check out the High Garden and Kombucha room.
* Subject to search upon entry
- Small bags, single-compartment backpacks, plush backpacks, purses & camel packs (maximum 12″x12″)
- Fanny packs
- Gum (must be sealed upon entry)
- E-cigs/vapes (no E-liquid or E-juice of any kind will be allowed)
- Baby strollers
- Blankets, sheets, towels
- Cameras (no detachable lenses) – must be without equipment attachments such as camera stands, selfie sticks, tripods, and monopods
- Empty CamelBak-type hydration packs and water bottles, and plastic or aluminum water bottles
- Rain ponchos / umbrella (hand-held ONLY and no bigger than 42 in. when open)
- Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company-branded materials, no hard flagpoles)
- Hula hoops
- Personal misting fan with bottle no larger than 1.5L (must be empty upon entering the event).
- Selfie sticks
- Sunscreen lotion
- Aerosol containers, including sunscreen and personal beauty products
- Any and all professional audio recording equipment
- Shoulder-mounted video cameras
- Cameras with detachable lenses, camera stands, monopods, tripods, attachment sticks (selfie sticks) or other commercial equipment
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Laser pointers
- Coolers of any kind (exceptions may be made for medical use)
- Framed backpacks
- Glass and metal containers of any kind, except for aluminum water bottles
- Illegal and illicit substances of any kind
- Outside food or beverage (including alcohol)
- Large purses, bags or backpacks (over 12″×12″)
- Scooters, wagons, carts or any personal motorized vehicles (with the exception of disability-related items)
- Pets (except documented service animals)
- Professional radios or walkie-talkies
- Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not allowed
- No solicitation and/or promotional materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc.
- Weapons or explosives of any kind
- Bicycles and Skateboards inside festival grounds (Free Bike/Skate valet is available)
- Carts or wagons of any kind